Sunday, January 10, 2010

Benefits of Detox

Our skin is the first line of defense against the various toxins that enter our bodies.  When functioning properly, the skin can eliminate up to two pounds of waste every day!  Detoxification supports the body's natural ability to cleanse and restore itself.

Over time, toxins can build up and affect the body.  This may weaken the immune system and lead to:
  • Clogged pores & breakouts
  • Premature aging
  • Dull, dry skin
  • Cellulite
  • Stress
  • Low energy and loss of vitality
  • Weight Gain
Arbonne's SeaSource Detox Spa Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7o8mYVFT7Y

(This statement has not been approved by the Food & Drug Administration.  This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease)

Starting Monday 1/10/10, I will begin the 7 Day Body Cleanse from Arbonne International.  If you would like more information on the detox program that Arbonne offers please visit the link below, click on Products, and in the drop down menu choose Detox.  You may also message me with questions.  http://www.arbonne.com/

My reasoning for wanting to detox is to flush out any impurities that are within my body.  I've been losing weight for 4 months and I've heard that Month 5 & 6 are "low number" months.  I'm hoping that by detoxing I can have more weight loss, but more importantly that I can FEEL healthier.  I want to replace the processed foods in my diet with whole foods such as whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc.  I admit, I eat too much processed food.  We are a society of convenience and I'm a busy person who will go for something "quick & easy" instead of something that takes more preparation.  When I do take time to prepare a meal that isn't from a box, can or frozen meal, I notice that I feel lighter and not as heavy and full after my meal.
This program isn't a drastic detox, which is why I chose it and why I'm not nervous about the next week.  They recommend limiting the processed food but nothing is "forbidden" while detoxing.  I've read  detox programs that make you eat only fruits and veggies for several days, and let's be honest, how realistic is that?  I'm not wanting to binge the day I finish detox!  I want to clear my palate and leave my body refreshed & renewed!
I'll be updating my blog on my progress this week.  Once again, if you are interested in information please contact me.
*Consult your physician before beginning any nutrition program

5 comments:

Jess said...

That's awesome Amy! I actually started the Arbonne 7 Day Detox last Wednesday, so tomorrow is my last day and I feel great and refreshed! And the 7 days goes by fast!

Journey2Goal said...

Did you just do the drink or the entire line? I am doing the entire 7 day detox including the body products. I felt kinda crappy yesterday so I was really looking forward to my sea soak bath!
Is this the first time you've done it? Or have you done it before?

Jess said...

I just did the 7 Day Detox. I didn't do the body products at the same time, but that would be a great idea for me next time! This is my 2nd time of doing the 7 Day Detox. I just finished my last sip of it just now. Headed to the gym in about 30 minutes!

Journey2Goal said...

Congrats on getting through it! Would you you mind sharing what your meals consist of while you do the detox?

Jess said...

I don't really change my eating habits too much (it would work better if I did be a little more strict with myself while on detox though). I just make sure I don't eat fast food, I don't drink pop and I don't have candy or lots of sugars. The meals I'm going to share with you are what I eat normally even while not on detox. I do the Figure 8 shakes for breakfast and try to at dinner time also unless my fiance has cooked a dinner I can't pass up! :) I usually take a Weight Watchers Smart Ones meal or a Lean Cuisine and a yogurt cup for lunch. Frozen meals aren't the best for you, but while taking something to work and the fact I don't cook, it's the thing that works best for me! That's basically the extent of it. But we have date night every week and this week we decided to try a new BBQ place and I happened to still be doing detox but I still ate the BBQ. Like I said, I'm not very strict with myself when doing detox except the part of not eating fast food, drinking pop or eating sugars. Hope that helps! And I didn't lose any weight on this round of detox (the first time I did it I lost 2 pounds). But, this detox isn't designed just for you to lose weight. And different people will see different effects of the detox based on how toxic their bodies are when they start. With me already on the shakes and doing Lean Cuisines and yogurt (and the fact I don't drink much pop or eat too much fast food), I wasn't very toxic to begin with. But I do feel great from doing it. Don't get me wrong, I love pop! But, one thing I've found is the Crystal Light packets of Wild Strawberry with Energy (it has some caffeine in it) or the Fizz tabs from Arbonne really help me get the caffeine I need without drinking the calories of pop and without having the huge amounts of caffeine that pop does have in it. Sorry this was a long comment but hope it helps!