Thursday, January 28, 2010

Me...A Runner? YES!

It has always been a dream of mine to lace up my tennis shoes and just hit the open road...without huffing and puffing and feeling like by the time I got to the end of the street I wasn't going to pass out of course!  Well, I decided that 2010 is the year for me to release my fear and become the runner I have always envisioned myself to be!
I downloaded the Couch to 5k Application on iTunes at the beginning of January and yesterday I completed Week 4 Day 1!  This app is AWESOME!  I love it!  I'm excited about running & I look forward to my workouts since every week is different.  You can download music to play while you are running.  The app also tells you when to run, when to walk, when you are halfway done, etc.  I like it so much better than having to keep track of the time on the treadmill.  So, if you have an iPhone and are wanting to start a FUN program I would recommend this one to you! 
Yesterday was my hardest training day yet...but I got through it and I can't put into words how amazing that felt!  Let me know if you download the app to try...I'd love to follow up with you to see how you like it!  Check out the links below!
C25K Website
If you don't have an iPhone but would still like to do the workout here is the C25K Running Plan.

3 comments:

Shandal said...

I've never heard of that iTunes app. It sounds really cool!

Kim said...

I downloaded the app and am anxious to try it out!! I start W4 tomorrow and am very nervous about it. But I'll do my best and we'll see.

Journey2Goal said...

I've gone to www.c25k.com and visited the forums to help me. I just completed W5 today, and this was my 2nd time doing it. I did W5 last week and wasn't happy with it so I repeated it this week & feel much better moving on to W6. Good luck to you, it feels so good to do it! Think positive and your legs will follow!