Saturday, February 13, 2010

Greek Yogurt

In the last few weeks I've added something new to my diet... Greek Yogurt.  I've heard lots of people talk about it and finally my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to try it.  I've been pleasantly surprised too!  I've tried Chobani Greek Yogurt and really like it.  I've eaten Blueberry, Strawberry & Vanilla...I'm not a fan of theVanilla but might like it in a recipe or with granola added, I just didn't care for it plain.
You might be wondering what is different about Greek Yogurt vs. Regular Yogurt.  On the Chobani website they explain why you might want to give Greek Yogurt a "taste".

· All natural. No preservatives. No artificial flavors.
· No synthetic growth hormones: No rBST-treated milk.
· Includes 5 live & active cultures, including 3 probiotics.
· Made with real fruit.
· Twice the protein of regular yogurts.
· A good source of bone-building calcium.
· Gluten-Free and Kosher-Certified.
· Safe for people with corn, nut and soy allergies.

Since I'm trying to eliminate artificial sweetners I feel much better eating this yogurt vs. the other since the majority of the others are flavored with aspartame or something just as harmful.  I also am VERY happy that there are no growth hormones added!
I have found it at Dillons and HyVee, just so you know @ HyVee each container was 70 cents MORE than at Dillons so I would price check around if I were you so you can find the best deal.  If you go to the Chobani website they also have a coupon available to print.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Shandal said...

I had never heard of Greek Yogurt. Might have to check that out!