Wednesday, March 31, 2010

CHALLENGE: April Showers bring MAY FLOWERS!

April Showers bring May Flowers!

Are you ready for a CHALLENGE?  I am!
Join me the month of April and SHOWER your body with good health & nutrition. 
The Reward? In May you will be healthier, happier and hotter!
I dare you to take the next 4 weeks and focus on YOU...
make yourself a priority because you are worth it!

Here's the Challenge
Cardio:  Set a minute goal each week.  PUSH yourself beyond your comfort zone.  Beginners start with 3-4 days a week.  Those of you with an established exercise routine shoot for 5-6 days a week.  Always allow your body one day of rest.
My goal is 300 minutes per week- that is 5 days of 60 minutes, or 6 days of 50 minutes.
Water:  Drink at least 80 oz. per day- or 10 glasses.  Drink an extra glass of water for every 30 minutes of exercise.  Drink an extra glass of water for every caffeinated beverage you consume.  Example:  If I work out for one hour and have a glass of Diet Coke I need to drink a total of 13 glasses of water.
Fruits & Veggies:  Eat 5 servings of fruits & veggies per day.  Also, try 1 new fruit or veggie each week.  Please share with us what you discover!
Nutrition:  Take a multi-vitamin (what does your multi-vitamin need?) and Omega 3's.  You need at least 1000 mg. of Omega 3's each day.  Click here for the vitamins I take. 
Share:  Ask a friend to join you in this challenge!  If you have someone else keeping you accountable you will be more successful.  Share my blog with people who need motivation & support...we all need each other and it's much more fun to do with a buddy!


I will have daily posts to keep you motivated & focused- and keep ME on track!  I will also be posting my daily cardio, water & fruits/veggie counts!  I'd love for you all to do the same. 


Keep in mind that we are not perfect.  Achieving a healthy lifesty is a daily process that will never be perfected.  Everyday we are given a clean slate, a chance to start fresh.  Don't beat yourself up if you aren't perfect... because no one is!

If you don't get my email updates please sign up for them so you can stay informed on the April Showers Challenge!

1 comment:

Mesha said...

what a great challenge! I'm glad you stumbled across my blog which directs me to yours! i'm doing a "30 Day Blogrimage" right now with friends that is my challenge for the time being but I am always up for a good challenge so keep them coming. I throw them out on facebook all the time as well. Have a great weekend.