Thursday, March 11, 2010

Took the Day Off

I didn't workout tonight, I really had no reason NOT to go besides being tired and wanting to come home and do nothing but I just felt like my body needed a little break...so why do I feel guilty and lazy for not going to the gym tonight?!  Does anyone else feel guilty when they skip a day?  I shouldn't feel one bit guilty.  I've worked out 5 days in a row, at least 45 minutes of cardio each day...it's not like I'm slacking!  It felt weird to come home after work and not really have anything to do.  But, I'd be lying if I told you it wasn't nice to come straight home, play with the dogs, pick up around the house and then spend the evening with my husband.  We seem to come and go in the evenings, always at different times so we aren't home at the same time every night.  I get to missing him:(  Thankfully he's supportive of my goals and what I want to achieve so he never complains about me going to the gym after work and not getting home until after 7 most nights.  He's wonderful (and skinny so he doesn't get the weight loss thing either) and he's really been supportive of what I'm trying to accomplish.  I had to prove to him that I really was serious this time about losing weight, I couldn't keep talking about it though...I had to SHOW him I was serious.
Well, I'm getting back to the gym tomorrow night.  I'll probably be doing Week 8 Day 3 of my 5k training...I can't believe I'll be done next week!  I think I might celebrate with a new pair of running shoes so I'll have time to break them in before the race in April.  It's true what I hear others say...Running is Addictive!

No comments: