Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm BAAACK

It's been a rough couple of days.  I haven't been able to post, let alone get on and even let you know why!  This past weekend we had a little setback with my sisters wedding (it's 10 weeks away) and so Friday night & Saturday was spent helping her do some damage control.  Sunday was Easter and we traveled north to spend time with my husbands family so I was nowhere near a computer or my blog!  SO, I'm SO sorry that I haven't been keeping up with all of you!!!  Don't worry, I'm back now and I'm here to tell you I'm happy to be back! 
This weekend everything got thrown out the window to be totally honest with you.  I got in my workout on Saturday, only because I was so upset that I needed to blow off some serious steam...no such luck!  I did a Spin class for the first time in approx. 10 years!  It was about 40 minutes of spinning and 20 minutes toning, and this week was legs.  If you haven't done a spin class and you have a facility near you that offers one I encourage you to hop on the spin bike ASAP!  I have sore muscles, still, in places I didn't know existed!  And even though it's not so fun to walk around so sore you can hardly move, it's pretty rewarding to know that your workout is doing something!  I can't wait to get back to a class. 
The next 11 days are going to be focused on my upcoming 5k...my first ever actually.  I am pretty nervous, excited, overwhelmed, anxious, etc.  Tonight was the first time I've ever ran a solid 3.1 miles...can I tell you how amazing that feels?  It was much slower than I'd like but I'm not going to get all wrapped up in that...I ran the entire 3.1 miles!  If any of you run races I'd love to hear your advice on clothing, eating, training, etc.  I want to get my body ready for this race and do the best I can. 
I hope the April Challenge is going better for all of you than me:(  I'm on board again though now finally!  Sometimes life throws a curveball your way and you have to dust yourself off and get back in the game!  We can do it!

No comments: