Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Run for Ronald 5k this Weekend

This Saturday I am running in my 2nd 5k, Run for Ronald 5k Walk & Run @ Lake Shawnee.  I can't believe I am RUNNING in races now!  I find myself looking up more and more to put on the calendar to stay motivated & prove to myself that I didn't train for ONE race...I trained for my HEALTH!  I'm really enjoying it & the excitement that comes along with it!  I never would have dreamed that I could work up to running 40 minutes... when I started 2 minutes felt like an eternity! (It sometimes still does, but I now know to push through!)  I ran the route last weekend, it has a few more hills than I'm used to but they aren't huge hills.  Running hills is important, I learned that from Amanda at Run to the Finish.  It's a great way to mix up your routine, whether you walk OR run.  If you always go on the same path I challenge you to try a new one!  Your body gets used to the same workouts over & over and it really does want variety...so don't be afraid to try something new!
If you live in Topeka come join us on Saturday morning for the race!  My Mom will be walking it...she has lost 30 lbs. also!  I'm SO proud of her...and she's so darned cute! (I can say "cute" cause she never made it to 5', she stands 4'11" of pure "cuteness")
My Mom Donna, Sister Ashley, and myself at Ashley's Bridal Shower last weekend! 
She gets married in less than 7 weeks!

1 comment:

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

thanks for the link love. Hope you are finding a few hills to throw in!