Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Someone is proud of me:)

When I gained all my weight one of the things that bothered me the most was the feeling of letting myself down.  I didn't feel like I was someone that my husband, sister, parents, etc. could be proud of.  I'd not only let myself down... I'd let them down too by becoming an unhappy, unmotivated and unhealthy person.  In the last 7 months I've earned back their pride...and that feels darn good!  I've been working so hard getting healthy and it feels so good when I hear "I'm proud of you" from someone in my life.  I try so hard to tell people that too...do you?  When someone tells you they are proud of you how do you feel?  How about you make someone else feel that way today...

I found this card on my desk on Monday and it made my day.  This coming Sunday I will be running in my first 5k!  I've walked 5k's before...I've never ran a 5k though!  I'm blessed that I have parents who are rooting for my success and helping me "find myself" all over again.  Love you Mom & Dad!
I'm going to make you proud on Sunday by finishing the 5k!

No comments: