"I took monthly pictures of myself and posted them on the wall above my scale. Seeing the physical changes in me from month to month has helped me tremendously. I also posted a list of all the reasons I wanted to lose weight; then after a time, I started a new list of the ways my life has improved. When I hit rough patches, I go back to those pictures & lists."
Great idea huh? I thought I'd share my own Top 5 for why I want to lose weight & how my life has improved so far.
Why I want to lose Weight
- To finally finish something I started.
- To shop in a regular store, no more plus sizes. (Although, I must say that I do love Lane Bryant clothing)
- Never worry about fitting in a seat on an airplane, at a concert, sporting event, etc. (I cancelled a trip in 2009 for this reason, talk about rock bottom)
- I want to be a Mommy~ Someday.
- To be a positive role model for the children in my life (especially my own) so I can break the cycle of negative self image & poor self talk.
- I got the "old Amy" back- I'm happier, outgoing, more caring & try to add humor in every day:)
- I am a runner! (I LOVE to say that)
- I fell in love with my husband all over again (who knew you could do that twice!)
- I re-ignited my passion for health & am hopefully inspiring others! Even better....I WILL NEVER DIET AGAIN! Yippee!
- I'm willing to take more chances. We joined a new church in January and it has been such a blessing to my life & our marriage. My cup runneth over for the blessings I have been given since inviting God into my heart.