Monday, May 10, 2010

Month 8...and Counting

Last week I had my 8 month appointment with Dr. Weeks.  If you are new to my blog, or don't know about my journey you can read more about it here
To be totally honest with all of you (cause that is why I blog...to be vulnerable and admit my faults right?) this month has been a hard one for me.  I've come a LONG way from a year ago, but that doesn't mean that I don't have bad days or weeks.  I have been under a lot of stress over the last month, I've had a lot on my To-Do List & have felt a little overwhelmed.  Exercise is a big stress reliever for me so I've gotten lots of cardio time in, but I still struggle with food a bit when I'm stressed/tired/angry (enter emotion here)! 
This month at my weigh in I only lost 1.2 lbs from last month.  I spent one minute beating myself up...then I snapped back to REALITY and looked back over the month.  I ran not one, but TWO 5k's this month.  That's HUGE for me!  In December when I started running 2 minutes felt like an eternity so to make it 40 minutes I consider that major progress!  I'm telling you this because I want you to know that even though I might not have seen a big loss on the scale I had other victories this month.  I'm not looking at the scale as the only way for me to celebrate the lifestyle changes I'm making.  It feels awesome to be active again, & do things that only one short year ago were painful & seemed impossible.  I couldn't walk faster than 2.5 on the treadmill because it made my back hurt so bad...now I'm running on the same damn treadmill!!!  That feels so good I don't care what the scale says!!

I thought I'd share my before picture with you.  The picture on the left is from August 2009 & I was at my all time highest of 255.6 lbs.  The picture on the right is from this past weekend and I'm at 203.5 lbs...I cannot WAIT to get under 200 lbs!  Kevin keeps asking if we are gonna throw a party when I get under 200 lbs...I told him that's fine, but we aren't celebrating with food!!  I'm am going to celebrate EVERY victory & enjoy the journey on the way DOWN!!  I vow to never see the 200's again once I get out of them!
This is the same dress, it's amazing how much better it fits after losing 52 lbs!
Oh, and something else I'd like to share... I bought a skirt this weekend at Eddie Bauer in a size Large!  I was SO sad when I couldn't fit into EB clothes anymore, so I am so happy to be able to shop there again!

I wore my new skirt to church yesterday & felt great about it.  Yesterday I got to celebrate another victory...I sang at my church for the first time.  I have lived the last 2 years "in hiding" pretty much, avoiding get togethers with friends, seeing people I haven't seen since gaining weight, & trying to get out of every social function that we were invited to.  So, yesterday when I am standing in front of everyone at church (about 500 people) and singing my heart out to God I couldn't help but feel that I've finally overcome the fear of what people are thinking about me.  I wouldn't have had the courage to sing last year because of the weight I'd gained.  Now I have embraced my past & have chosen to learn from it and be a better person because of it.  Singing with a full band & praising God for all the blessings He's given me...what better way to spend a Sunday morning?!

Keep working towards your goals & your dreams!!!  Don't give up until you reach them!

1 comment:

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

I hate superfoot too!! YUCK. I have had good luck with the one's I mentioned in my insoles post, hope you find some better ones!