Sunday, May 30, 2010

Welcome Summer!

I'm so HAPPY to welcome summer!  I spent the weekend at my parents lake house and enjoyed the wonderful weather & company.  We've been going to the lake for 8 summers and I love to take the road trip to one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.  When I'm there I love to sit on the screened in porch and take in the beauty of it all.  Everyone is out having a good time, enjoying the weather & time with family & friends so we are usually surrounded by lots of friendly people and we always have a great time together as a family. 
Riley woke me up at 6:30 on Saturday morning and once I got outside I couldn't believe how beautiful it was!  The humidity was low, it was about 75 degrees and the sun was shining.  I ran inside, put on my running shoes and Riley and I went on an awesome 2 mile run.  It was such a great way to start the day, and I enjoyed running for the first time around the lake!  I've walked several times, but there is nothing more better than a good run & I was so thankful that I was able to do it!  It was another morning I was thankful for how far I've come.
What a cute running partner huh?

Last summer we were all SO busy that my sister and I didn't get to go to the lake at all, that hasn't happened since my parents bought the house.  I'm thankful the 6 of us got to go this weekend and spend some time together before Ash & Ben get married in less than 2 weeks!  We had lots of laughs...and with 6 people & 3 dogs there wasn't a dull moment either:) 
Getting ready to get on the boat! Me, Ash & Mom
{yes, my Mom looks as young as we are...I hope I age as well as she does!}
Kev & I with our kiddos!  They love going to the lake, thankfully Riley {the lab} hasn't jumped in...yet:)
Me and my little sister...the soon to be BRIDE!
I also took this so you could see that the sweaty band is great for boating too!!! 
The picture below is after a 3 hour boat ride...
Still in place...& I hadn't touched it!
My Mom caught me taking this self portrait and started laughing... I defended myself by saying "I have to show the people on my blog about this awesome sweaty band".  She just laughed some more:)

I had to share this picture of my hubby.  We rarely drink but yesterday he had 2 beers.  He got really funny & made me laugh all afternoon.  I said to him "Honey, I think you are getting kinda drunk", and he said "I'm not drunk...I'm just so happy".  He's so innocent he's hilarious, I love him to pieces.:)

I hope you've enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend!  Tomorrow I get to visit two friends and their newborn sons!  I can't wait...so I'd better get to bed!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay jealous sounds super fun!!! Great pictures too.

RunMom said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Hope I can add to it a little because you won a shirt in my tanks & tunes giveaway! Congrats! Send me an email and I'll send you the details runfastmommy@gmail.com

Bringing Pretty Back said...

What a fabulous weekend you had! I feel the same way about my hubby!
Thank you so much for following , I am following you too!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin