Monday, May 24, 2010

Why I Blog & Reason 8,540 why I love Kevin

Tonight I asked myself the question "Why do I blog?"  Why am I sharing my story with people online? I know some of you, others I don't...and many I've become "blog buddies" with since joining the Blog Community!  I really have no control over who reads my blog and who doesn't so I do take a risk with sharing some things with all of you.  With that said, there may be things I write that some of you may already know about me.  You know me personally so you know about my past and how it has shaped me into the person I am today.  You know the dreams and aspirations I have and where I see my life going.  Others of you are getting to know me through what I share on my blog.  I use this blog for my personal journey, it's a way for me to express what I'm feeling on any given day & and hopefully use my experiences to inspire even ONE person to make a healthy lifestyle change and commit to taking control of their life. 
In my opinion, the first step of healing is being honest about where you are, where you've been, and where you see yourself going.  If you are anything like me, there are things from your past that you'd like to forget.  There are things I'd like to say I've never done, people I wish I would have never hurt.  But, I have made mistakes, I have hurt people in the past, but people have hurt me too. 
I was faced tonight with a person from my past who I offended in my blog. This person hurt me very deeply many years ago, and I've come to terms with that, but sometimes there is pain that we will forever carry with us no matter the years that seperate us. I am not ashamed of anything I've shared on my blog...everything in this blog is from my heart, and is 100% the truth as I cherish it within my soul.  My truth may not be your truth, and that's ok.  My past has taught me SO much about life, and I can't be sorry for sharing that with others so they too can see that even in their darkest hour hope remains for a future brighter than they could have dreamed.
Like I said earlier this blog is my personal journey...for my healing.  If you don't like what I have said I simply ask that you not read it.  I don't get political or throw around my opinions, this is my own little nook in cyberspace to express my individual feelings & emotions.  I am speaking from my heart, I'm sharing things that I want/need to share to overcome my past and become the best version of myself.  Nothing shared on this page is meant to intentionally hurt anyone, my intentions are always hope & healing... never harm nor hatred.  I do ask though that when you look in the mirror you can be proud of the person staring back at you.  The people you love the most should know you, for who you are, no matter what.  They should know those parts of your past that you might not be so proud of, because it made you the person that they fell in love with.
God leads us down the path He has created for us... & I am so happy that 6 years ago I took a leap of faith and took the path less traveled and had the strength to start a brand new life.  If I would have gone the "easy way" I would have never met my soul mate.  My amazing husband has seen me through thick and thin, like he promised me he would on our wedding day.  There have been many days I wouldn't of blamed him for walking out the door... Depression brings out a scary side of someone.  BUT, he is still here, standing next to me each and every day.  He's my #1 fan and is the one person I know I can always count on.  I've always said that God blessed my broken road with Kevin, He proved that again to me today.  I am so grateful to spend my life with the most amazing man I've ever known, I love you Kev...and like I said earlier, thanks for just being you.  I'm so lucky to be your wife.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Kudos to you Amy and you are super lucky to have such a great hubby and support system!