Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yesterday's 5k & Biggest Loser

I ran my 2nd 5k this weekend.  It was the 1st Annual Run for Ronald at lake Shawnee.  It was a beautiful morning for a run, & I was so thankful that I have come as far as I have to ENJOY a nice 3 mile run on a beautiful morning!
I ran the 5k, my Mom (center) & my best friend Emily's Mom, Maureen walked.  They are doing Weight Watchers together and Maureen has lost 10 lbs & my Mom has lost 30 lbs.!  SO Proud of you girls!!

         Starting out....feeling pretty good.        


I was SO happy to see the finish line!

The course had more hills than I usually run, so it has given me motivation to run around the Lake more often to challenge my body & work up to being able to run ANYWHERE and at ANYTIME.  I did improve my time from the last 5k.  This course was actually 3.16 miles & I finished in 40:38- a 12:51 pace (improved from 12:55 pace).  I don't have another race scheduled, but I'm looking @ one on July 10th here in Topeka (also my 28th Birthday!)  I'm getting addicted to this whole running thing...& lovin' it!  Running is a way for me to keep setting goals and working towards achieving them.  What do you do to help achieve your goals?  What goals are you working towards right now?

Biggest Loser Recap
I watched the Biggest Loser tonight from last week...and cried & cried & cried!  Maybe it was because it was about the contestants going to Texas and doing a 5k with the community, many of whom have never ran or walked that distance.  It was 2 short weeks ago that I was at the starting line of running my first 5k...so I could really relate to what some of the people were feeling & the emotions that were flooding through their minds & bodies.  It is so empowering & crossing the finish line gives you new belief that you can do anything you set your mind to.  I thought the episode was one of the most inspiring ones I've seen in a long time.  What did you all think?  OH, and the girl from Jillian's talk @ the High School...what strength she had to stand up in front of all of her peers & pour her heart out!!!  I am saying my prayers tonight that God has given her the strength to change her life & believe in herself.  I was so happy that Jillian took time out and spoke with her...add it on to my list of reasons why I love Jillian Michaels:)

2 comments:

Mesha said...

why does running terrify me so much? I need to swallow my pride (and/or fear of oxygen loss) and just start at it regularly

Journey2Goal said...

It used to terrify me too...but I have always had the desire to overcome that fear. Why don't you look into the Couch to 5k program that I did? It's a really good way to start running, it starts out slow & is only 3 days per week...you can do that! Let go of the limitation in your mind!!