Tuesday, June 8, 2010

9 Months....

Did my title make you think I was pregnant?  HA!  I figured it might for some of you, but nope! 
 Last Friday I celebrated 9 months of my weight loss journey!  I lost 2.8 over the last month bringing my total weight loss to 53.9 pounds!  I must admit, I was a little bummed at only a 2.8 loss but my Dr. was quick to snap me into place.  She told me that I'm not going to lose 6-9 lbs a month anymore like I was.  I've been doing this 9 months, I'm not carrying around as much weight as I was so I'm not burning as many calories during the day either.  It makes sense, I just really wanted to get under 200 lbs at this appointment, and I weighed in at 200.8.  Only .8 away...I was so close!  But, I did everything I could.  I had a great month and felt good about my food choices and exercise.  I've gotten really tuned into my body and eating when I'm hungry, finding something else to do when I'm not but "think" I want to be eating.  Even small progress is progress right? 
I thought I'd share my "before" picture once again & then let you see the picture from last Friday.  I'm pretty happy at how far I've come, I've got a long way to go yet but no rest for the weary!!

September 2009- Weight 254.7 lbs  BMI 43
June 2010-  Weight 200.8 lbs  BMI  34

I'm pretty pumped that my BMI has dropped so much... going from Morbidly Obese to Obese is a positive move and I can't "weight" until I'm only considered Overweight:)  Looking on the bright side of things...can ya tell?

If you are losing weight, or starting a healthy lifestyle what are your tips?  How do you stay motivated?  What kind of goals do you set for yourself?

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Amy!!! You look AWESOME!!! I have been reading your blog and your determination is such an inspiration!! :) Congrats on your accomplishments thus far!!!

Shandal said...

You are doing sooo good girl! So proud of you. You have such a good attitude, it's so contagious! Congrats!

jamie said...

GIRL!!! You look AMAZING! What a huge difference! You have always been beautiful, but your attitude and spirit is even more beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Sarah Lee said...

Love it! Thanks for being such a positive role model and inspiration to us all! Love you!

Meg said...

You are SUCH an inspiration!! This blog is so brave and wonderful. =)

Sarah Michelle said...

Amy, congrats! You look great! Keep up the good work!