Wednesday, June 16, 2010

July 4th Race

I got an email today for an awesome event that I'm really excited about!  On July 4th in Lawrence, KS the inaugural Mass Street Mile.  It's a one mile running event in downtown Lawrence, KS.  For those of you who aren't ready to tackle a 5k I think this is a great way to get a taste of what it's like to run a race but since it's only a mile it's not so overwhelming. 

For more information on this event you can check out their website http://www.massstreetmile.com/.
This race is part of the Tour of Lawrence event that is being held from July 2-4.  The Tour of Lawrence is a weekend of individual Pro-AM USA Cycling races, children’s races/events & live music organized in partnership with Free State Racing and promoted and made possible by the Lawrence Convention & Visitors Bureau held July 2-4, 2010 in the city of Lawrence KS. 
Sounds like it'll be a great weekend to be a Jayhawk! :)

3 comments:

Mesha said...

I'm registered for this with my roommate...excited! :)

Breana B. said...

I decided to try the Lawrence mile. I am not considered a runner by anyones standards but I have never been able to do this type of thing so here goes. "Do what others say you cannot do." I just registered!

Journey2Goal said...

Awesome girls!!! My husband is running it w/ me too:) He's never ran a race, except high school track. Looking forward to seeing you there! Your rock!!!