Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Book Challenge!

As some of you know I am in a Book Club with friends from college- you can visit our blog here.  We get together once a month and take turns picking the book.  We started in October last year and have met every month since.  We have such a great time & I really do look forward to our girls night!  We meet this coming Thursday and it's my pick!
I follow an awesome blog Booking Mama,  she reads SO many books and there is new review everyday!  She is having a Summer Reading Challenge and I've decided to join her!  If you are interested in checking out the challenge you can visit her post about it here.  Her list is compiled of Entertainment Weekly's- 18 Books We Can't Wait to Read This Summer.  There are some pretty great books on the list that I'm excited to read, but wouldn't normally pick myself.  The challenge has levels according to how many books you want to read and my goal is "Guppy" which is 4-6 books by Labor Day.  (The challenge started in May so I am already a month behind).  Without even knowing about the challenge I've already read one of the books The Short Second Life of Bree Tannar by Stephenie Meyer  (YES, I am a HUGE Twilight fan!)  I'll keep you posted on the other books I'm reading in the Challenge, and if you've read any of the books let me know if you'd recommend them!
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Julie P. said...

Thanks for joining us! I have had a terrific time reading a few of the books. So far, they have all been wonderful!

Breana B. said...

I am excited to start!