Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Boot Camp

Yesterday I joined the YMCA Booty Bustin' Boot Camp.  The camp is twice a week before work until August 31st.  I am always changing up my workout so I don't get bored and so my body doesn't get "used" to the workouts I'm doing and then halts progress.  The trainer running the camp sought me out at the gym on Tuesday and told me she'd love to have me join the group.  She's a great trainer, I've watched her with her clients and so I know that she expects 100%...and that's what I like about her!  So, I thought "what the heck...what do I have to lose by going?"  Let me tell you what!?!  That was a KILLER workout!  We started with bleachers...I haven't done those since high school volleyball!  Then we did various exercises on the benches- push ups, squats, tricep dips, lunges, etc.  After that we moved to the end of the football field and did suicide drills...have you ever done that?  I hadn't...and they totally kicked my butt!  No wonder they call it BOOTY BUSTING Boot Camp!  You start at the 0 yard line & run to the 10 then run back to 0, then run to the 20 yd line and back to the 0, run to the 30 & so on & on & on & on until we ran the entire 100 yds & back...WOW!  That was a humbling experience to say the least!  Just when I think "you are really getting in shape" I had a rude awakening that I have MUCH farther to go until I can consider myself "in shape"!  Today I'm so sore too...so I'm drinking lots of water and hoping I can walk "normal" tomorrow:)

Even though it was tough, I'm SO glad I went.  It was the best workout I've had in a while, and it felt awesome.  I may not have been the fastest or the fittest...but I was there.  I showed up.  I didn't let fear get in my way.  I hope this Boot Camp can kick start the scale again cause it hasn't been moving too much:(  But, I'm not quitting.  I've come too damn far to quit!  Sometimes we have to sacrifice to allow something to happen.  If we only do what is comfortable we'll never advance or get better.  So don't be afraid to get out of your own comfort zone...you may find yourself enjoying your life a whole lot more outside the box!

2 comments:

Aneta said...

ooh ive always wanted to do Boot Camp! i hope you enjoy!!

TaDa said...

i wish i could exercise