Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Mass Street Mile Race

I spent July 4th morning at the Mass Street Mile Race in Lawrence.  I had a great time with my husband and friend Bre who both ran in the race also!  It was their first road race so I was excited to have some company!


They had the race broken up into different heats so Kevin ran first with the men.


He's the happiest runner I've ever seen...

Kev finished in 7:24... and he hasn't even been running!  Wish it was that easy for me!

The women's group went next...


Go Bre Go!!  She finished in 9:05... You ROCK!!
Gotta beat that girl!!!

Almost done!  Finished in 11:10... which is my PB for a mile!  My goal was to run it in 12:00 so I was SO happy to see my time at the finish line!!

I got to meet my "blog friend" Demesha after the race!  I follow her blog Potter's Clay & it is so inspiring (she's a Follower here as well)!  She has lost over 130 pounds already and just became one of Kansas City Fitness Magazine's Weight Loss Contestants!  You can follow her journey with the KC Weight Loss Challenge here.  I am so proud of her and it's awesome to watch her success with the KC Weight Loss Challenge!!!  Keep up the hard work Demesha!!

Even though July 4th was a rainy one we still had a great day at the race and at Breana's party last night!  What a difference a year can make!  Last year I was embarrassed to leave the house because of how much weight I'd gained.  It was great to be able to enjoy my friends this year and my thinner self!  If you would have told me last 4th of July that I'd be running in a race this year I would have laughed!
Hope you all had a safe, healthy & happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Mesha said...

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! :) So proud of you for you time AND your success in weight loss! It's crazy - one year - so much can change in just ONE year! I know you made yourself proud as well as your family, you're doing great girl! Glad you enjoyed the 4th and thanks for the picture. Next obstacle for me is a 5k sometime in the future.