Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Almond Crusted Chicken from Jillian Michaels Cookbook!

Last night I made an awesome recipe from Jillian Michaels The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook!
I am not someone who cooks very often, it's actually pretty rare.  I usually make the same things, or we do quick meals like sandwiches, etc.  I want to become more of a cook so before my bible study last night I decided to surprise my hubby with dinner when he got home from work.  He was pretty shocked and told me he "really liked it"...hmmm, maybe he could make me a stay at home wife & then I'd promise to have dinner on the table every night when he got home:) 
Here's the recipe & nutrition facts...I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!

Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts
{Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism Cookbook}
Preheat oven to 425.
Toast 1/2 cup of almonds.
Place all ingredients in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
 The mixture will be a thick paste
Arrange chicken breasts in baking dish & top with almond paste.  Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
Your masterpiece is complete...and delicious!

I added a delicious spinach & strawberry salad with our chicken. 
The dressing is StoneWall Kitchen Strawberry Balsamic Dressing & is YUMMY!

The Recipe
(Serves 4)

1/2 cup unsalted almonds, toasted
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp grated lemon zest
1 T. fresh lemon juice
3/4 dried rosemary*
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp salt
4 (4-5 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

*Note: I did not use the rosemary because I don't like it and it was great without it so if you don't like it just leave it out!
  • Preheat the oven to 425.
  • In the work bowl of a food processor, place the almonds, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, and salt.  Process until coarsely chopped; the mixture will be a thick paste.
  • Arrange the chicken breast halves in a baking dish.  Divide the almond paste and spread on the breasts; pat down to cover each breast completely.
  • Roast in the oven until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reads 165-170 degrees, about 10 minutes.  Loosely tent with foil and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts
Calories 293.3 kcal
Fat 17.4 g
Protein 30 g
Carbs 4.3 g
Sodium 194.2 mg

This recipe is from Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism Cookbook

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

That looks so YUMMY!!!

SharriRae said...

This does look good!

Yum Yucky said...

This looks so good. Too bad that before visiting your blog I called home and told my teen to prep the chicken for dinner by cutting it into pieces. Darn.

Mesha said...

now that sounds really good! i want to try this!

Ali Trier said...

Mesha talked me into it!

tina said...

I'm going to try out that recipe--it sounds delicious!! I love Jillian Michaels. I have an award for you. You can check it out here:

http://tmmurphy1.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-received-award.html

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the yummy recipe!! I'm definitely going to try it... I LOVE almonds!

Tricia said...

thanks for sharing!

Jenn said...

Yum, that sounds great!

Tori said...

i'm blogging this same recipe tomorrow!!! :) loved it!

FIToriBLOG.com