Thursday, July 15, 2010

California Love

My hubby and I are going to California soon... I can hardly wait!  We've had a pretty stressful summer so far.  God has put some bumps in the road that we've had to work through and we've been forced to lean on each other, face adversity, and communicate alot!  It has made our relationship & our faith stronger, so there is a reason we've gone through it!  Because of this we are both really looking forward to getting out of town and enjoying each others company in sunny California!  We are spending time in San Diego and then driving up the coast to LA.  I have had so many people tell me how beautiful this drive is, so I'm looking forward to it.  And, I'll have my camera in tow for lots of pictures of course:)
My question is this... what do we HAVE to do {or see} while in California?  I know we plan to go to the Farmers Market in LA, our hotel is in the area and I'm anxious to see it.  But, what else?  I've thought about hiking but have no idea where... uh, I live in KS so there really isn't anywhere to "hike" here so that's all new to me!
We are looking for a relaxing trip to enjoy each other and time away from stress, work, schedules, etc.  I don't want a packed schedule so when we get home we feel we need a "vacation after our vacation" but I don't know when we'll go back so I don't want to just camp out at the beach all day either!
{Note: I want to spend some time at the beach... just not days}. 

1 comment:

♥Amber Filkins♥ said...

I could go on forever about all of the things you don't want to miss in Cali, but then again, I live here. I don't know how long you're staying or traveling while here. Highway 1 that turns into 101 along the Pacific coastline is something that you don't want to miss. But it's definitely more of a drive. If you're wanting beautiful beach, you need to head on the 101 more towards Pismo and Monterey. LA beaches are yucky. San Diego is gorgeous though.

And also a drive, but Yosemite and the Sequoias are definitely a must see. And can you believe I've lived here my WHOLE life & have never been to Sequoia park? If you're wanting to hike, THIS is the place to go!

Of course I could go on forever. So anything you wanna know, just ask!