Friday, July 2, 2010

Independence from the Scale...

In spirit of Independence Day I've made a decision... in July I'm declaring my Independence from the scale.  Yep, I'm putting the scale away for the entire month of July.  Do you know how hard this is going to be for me?!  Like, super hard!  I haven't been losing as much as I'd like to be, the scale is slowly trickling down {yes, I'm glad it's going down instead of up} so I've decided to dedicate July to getting back to basics-  Eating right, more exercise, going to sleep on time, lowering my stress (you get the point)... all because I FEEL better when I do.  Of course when my diet, exercise, lifestyle, etc. are all in alignment then the scale usually makes me happy, but that's not what I want to focus on this month.  I'm going to make my husband hide it from me actually {he's gonna love that} so I won't even be tempted to sneak a peek.
I've been on this weight loss journey for 10 months now and I know I've gotten more relaxed about drinking my water, journaling, fruits & veggies, etc.  It's time for me to re-focus and get that scale soaring down again!!  I haven't stopped by any means the last few months I've just been a bit more distracted is all.  I'm not beating myself up, or giving up... I'm just choosing to make different choices from here on.  There is no point in getting mad at yourself for the past, because it's the PAST... you can't change it so you may as well accept it and move forward and learn from it!
Do you weigh everyday?  Why or why not?  How hard would it be for you to hide your scale for a month?  Anyone want to join me and declare YOUR Independence from the scale?
Any tips you have I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

C Stevens said...

Amy - I don't weigh myself very often at all. I try to go by how my clothes fit. So for me, when my shirt is tight and a big roll of fat is pinched and oozing over the front of my jeans I know I need to step it up a notch in the exercise department! I just feel like a scale is sometimes a false indicator of how your body is really doing. You've been working too hard and dedicated too much of yourself to let a number power over you (especially if you're anything like me and can successfully hold a good 5 pounds of water weight-or something, on any given random day). I think a No-Scale-July is a great idea!