Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Monthly Weigh In

Yesterday I had my monthly appointment with Dr. Weeks.  I knew that the scale wasn't moving much so I wasn't totally shocked to see that I'd only lost 0.6 for the entire month.  Hmph.  Not saying I'm too happy about it, but I had prepared myself I guess.
I've been on this journey for 10 months now... I was bound to have a plateau and it's pretty clear to me that that's what's going on now.  The last 3 months have looked like this...
April- 204.7
May- 203.5
June- 200.8
July- 200.2
Ok, seriously?!?  Can I NOT get out of the 200lb Club?  I AM thankful that the scale is going down, I would just like it to move a little faster is all!  I decided to really think about why my weight loss has seemed slower and what I can do to improve it.  Here is where I need some work.
  1. Water- I am not a thirsty person, and even when I am thirsty I don't reach for something to drink.  I'm the idiot who will be totally parched sitting at my desk with a full bottle of water, but won't drink it.  It makes no sense, and I have no idea why I have such a problem getting in my water!  I drink water much more at night at home, or right after I workout but I know I need to increase the intake and my weight loss will benefit.
  2. Boot Camp is kicking my a%#!!!  I started the amazing Booty Busting Boot Camp the first week of June and it is the best workout I've ever done.  BUT, I've let sore muscles and being tired get in the way of working out other days of the week.  I can be sore from BC for several days (like the kind of sore that it hurts before I even get out of bed in the morning!)  so it's really hard to convince myself to go for a run when I can barely walk!  Last week I decided to push through the soreness and get more cardio in.  What I found is it helped me get through being sore much faster, and I noticed the same benefit this week...so in July I have to keep running along w/ BC.
  3. Journaling- I took a little "break" the first few weeks of June, but I really am much more aware of what I'm eating when I log my food.  I use My Fitness Pal to track my food & exercise.  I love it because I have an iPhone app as well so it really makes it impossible to NOT track... except when I'm too damn lazy to log it.  In July I'm getting back to basics and journaling is #1 on the list!
  4. The Scale - I can get a little obsessive over the scale which is why yesterday I declared my Independence from the Scale!  I want to focus on healthy habits and exercising instead of the number on the scale.  Because that's not what this is all about.  I'm choosing this lifestyle to be healthier, feel better, fit into my clothes again, have more confidence, yada, yada, yada...  Too often I get so wrapped up in the number staring up at me to realize how far I've come on this journey!  There is a lot I have to be proud of, and I can't let a stupid # ruin that.  So, I'm not weighing until my next appointment which is August 6th...it could be a long month:)
My total weight loss is 54.5 lbs. in 10 months.  That's an average of approx. 5.5 lbs per month, I've lost 21.4% body fat & lowered my BMI from 44 to 34.6.  I'm celebrating the BIG picture of success and letting go of a 0.6 loss for the month.  And you bet your bottom dollar I'm getting out of the 200 lb. Club on August 6th:)

1 comment:

C Stevens said...

So April-July has been a slow loss period... that's ok! I think you should take a minute and congratulate yourself on the things that you've done well April-July. I.E. running your FASTEST mile, finding new and exciting ways to workout, NOT gaining weight!!!!... I've practically done the listing work for you. :) I think you've got the right attitude about this so keep on keeping on!