Friday, July 23, 2010

Quotes to Inspire

I LOVE Quotes.  I'm surrounded by them.  They are on my computer at work, my fridge at home, even my bathroom mirror.  Quotes {for me} are reminders of what I want out of life, how I want my attitude to be, and that no matter how bad a day might be...it could always be worse!  I thought I'd share with you some of my favorites.  And, if you have a quote {or 2} that inspire you please share with me!  Maybe I'll add it to my list of favorites:)
  • Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength. –Unknown
  • We acquire the strength we have overcome- RWE
  • You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
  • One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better. -Col. Harland Sanders
  • Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying “I will try again tomorrow”. -Mary Anne Radmacher
  • Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays. -RWE
  • First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. -Epictetus
  • There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results. -BLC Member
  • Look at the opportunity, not the limitation.
  • The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you. – Unknown
  • I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought. –Arthur Blank
  • A goal without a plan is just a wish. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. – John Bingham
  • Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever. – Lance Armstrong
  • There is no better feeling in the world than to take your mind and body to a place you thought it couldn’t go; a place you thought it didn’t belong. You should all try it sometime. – Shauna Reid
  • Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up. – Dean Karnazes
  • We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way. ~Gloria Gaither
  • You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face. -Gatorade ad
  • Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. ~ Philippians 4:6, NLT
  • Set your goals high because what a person accomplishes is in proportion to what they attempt. -Mitchell Naufell
  • Anything is possible, but you have to believe and you have to fight. -Lance Armstrong
  • To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality. -Anita Roddick
  • Stand up and finish what you started. -Bob Harper
  • If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run. -John Bingham
  • Love yourself, for who and what you are; protect your dream and develop your talent to the fullest extent. -Joan Benoit Samuelson
  • I don't believe in restricting calories, I believe in burning them. -Chanamalla Samagond
  • I race in order to dig deep within myself and see what I'm really made of.  -Maggie, Runner from Idaho

1 comment:

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Thanks for the quotes!! I want to paint so many of those on my wall, lol!