Sunday, August 15, 2010

California Vacation

Kevin and I went to California in July and had an amazing time together!  Neither of us had ever been there so it was a trip we were really looking forward to for a long time.  We flew into San Diego and spent 2 days there, then drove up the Pacific Coast Highway and spent 3 days in LA.
At Torrey Pines
Torrey Pines
 It was a much needed vacation and I was so thankful to get out of town for a few days and relax and love on my husband:)
At Zuma Beach in Malibu

Balboa Park in San Diego
In Hollywood @ THE CARPENTERS Star... They are my idols!!
At the Hollywood sign
Kevin's cousin lives in LA so we got to hang out with him while we were there and he showed us around LA... thank goodness for Kyle!  He got us a little more "up close and personal" with the Hollywood sign and while doing so I fell down part of the mountain... I actually found it really funny & was laughing so hard Kev & Kyle had to help me up:)  I think I may have been delirious from the 4+ hour drive from San Diego to LA that morning!
Kyle, myself & Kev
Kyle is going to be famous someday... I promise!  So keep a look out for him!
We went to Beverly Hills to see Rodeo Drive.  It was beautiful!  The flowers and storefronts were so pretty! 
Rodeo Drive

The flowers on Rodeo Drive were beautiful!
Our last night in LA we ate with Holly (Kev's cousin) and her husband Jorge @ Akasha.
Amazing food, wine & dessert!  Holly & Jorge were in LA from Topeka also so we were glad to meet up with them while in LA!
Kev & I at Akasha.  What a great end to an amazing trip!
I can't wait to go back to California.  I asked Kev if we can retire there!  I've already started saving my pennies:)  The weather was so nice in LA, actually in San Diego it was really cold, but still better than 100 degrees with 90% humidity! 
I'm so thankful we saved up the money for such a fun vacation, it's so nice to get away from everyday life and just enjoy the man I fell in love with 6 years ago:)

I'm already thinking about our next vacation... suggestions?

1 comment:

tina said...

Glad you had a great vacation. Thanks for sharing your pictures!!