Sunday, August 8, 2010

Replace the "2" with a "1" please:)

I had my 11 month appointment with Dr. Weeks last week and I left pretty excited.  Why?  Because I'm finally under 200 pounds!  Yippee!  I never thought I'd be sharing my weight so openly, or celebrating weighing 199.4 for that matter, but I've decided that God put me on this journey for a reason, so I must embrace it, learn from it, and inspire others because of it.
I haven't weighed under 200 lbs. since Spring 2008- TWO years ago!  Needless to say I'm doing the happy dance:)  I've had very slow weight loss the last few months but the scale is still moving down.  That's all that matters to me!  My total weight loss is 55.3 lbs. and I would love to hit 60 lbs. at my next appointment, which will be my 1 year anniversary of the "new Amy"!  Looking back to a year ago I am so thankful for how far I've come... and even though I still have a long road ahead of me there is no way I'd turn back now. 
I do want you to know that even though I'm excited about the weight loss, I'm much more proud of the work I've done inside to fix the parts of me that were {and still sometimes are} broken. There have been many other times that I've lost weight {if you've known me a long time, you can vouch for that} but I've always focused on the outside, I've never looked within myself to find out the reasons why I used food as a crutch and the weight always piled back on & fast.  I've learned so much about myself, my past, my relationships, my dreams and my struggles that I'm confident walking away from situations I know set me up for failure.  I've learned that my weight problem was {ok, IS} so much more than food, and I've come to grips with that. By dealing with those issues it's made me a much happier person.  Losing weight is the easy part.  Fighting the demons that drive you to the food so you can mask your pain... that's the real struggle.  If you are on a weight loss journey I hope you are dealing with the real truth behind your weight; not just because of the way you look in a pair of jeans or the size you buy off the rack.  Those who love you love you no matter what those numbers are, they love you for the wonderfully amazing person you are on the inside.  And once you begin to love yourself, you'll allow others to love you that much more.

{Left} Month 11- Lost 55.3 lbs total  Under 200 lbs. this month!  Yippee!
{Right} A reminder of the "old" me only a year ago.

Thanks for following me on this crazy journey of self-discovery, it's been quite a ride!

9 comments:

Taverli said...

Woop Woop Amy!!! I wish I could give you a Big High Five right now!! And a Big Hug!! You look amazing :) I really would love my brother to start reading your blog, but I know he needs to find his own journey through this all!! Love ya girl...keep up all of your hardwork! Tave

Caroline said...

You look great!

Jessie, Jason & Kinley said...

Way to go Amy! I am so happy that you are feeling and looking so great!

tina said...

Congratulations!! You look great!

Kelli said...

You look amazing Amy!!!!!!! :)

Heather @ Cancer Mommy said...

Woot woot! Way to go friend!

Shandal said...

You're are really kickin' arse! You really are looking great. Keep it up girl! :)

:Deliciously Healthy said...

congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! You look great!!

Sarah Lee said...

You are still an inspiration for me to become a better person each and every day! I choose to male good decisions and keep myself healthy from the inside out- thanks Amy for kicking so much booty!!! ;)