Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trust Eliminates Fear

I've been praying a lot and asking for God to give me a sign as to where I need to go.  I've been looking for the obvious sign, one that just slaps me in the face (I know, I expect too much).  Well, I got it this morning.  I subscribe to K-LOVE's Encouraging Word & when I got to work today and logged into my email I had this verse waiting for me.
“ Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. ”
(Proverbs 16:20 NLT)
And He delivers, as He always does.  The question I've been wrestling with in my heart was answered at the very moment I read this.  I knew what He was telling me to do, I was just scared to do it. 
I told you on my post on Sunday that Kev and I have had a rough week.  I've been faced with the question as to whether or not I am in the right place to compete in the KC Weight Loss Challenge, and my heart is telling me NO.  I've been terrified of what people will think; you'll think I quit because I didn't want to do it, I got scared, I'm lazy, (insert excuse here).  But,  this verse assured me this morning that I don't need acceptance from any PERSON, the only person I need acceptance from is God... and He has shown me that I need to walk away from the KC Weight Loss Challenge and focus on living a little more simply, take some quiet time to process things, take a "time-out" and spend some time with my husband and more time with God.  So, that's what I'm going to do.  Let me assure you this has not been an easy decision, but it's one I've needed to make so I can move on. 
I want to thank you again for your votes to allow me the opportunity in the challenge, I am SO GRATEFUL for the outpouring of support I received.  I am still so humbled by the kind words, messages, status updates, etc., that you all took the time to help me get into this challenge.  I was really looking forward to it and I was so excited for the opportunity.  Last Thursday my world was turned upside-down though and it changed my outlook on where I need to invest my time.   I'm trusting God right now and I know He will not lead me down the wrong path so I'm just following His lead... I hope you know I was SO thankful I was given this opportunity; it was just the wrong time in my life.
Thanks for keeping us in your prayers... we feel them:)


4 comments:

:Deliciously Healthy said...

I love the peace I feel after making a hard decision. You're right, you have to do what's best for you, and I'm glad you're doing that! :D

Katie said...

Amy,
I am praying for you. So happy to read that you are feeling peace from trusting the Lord. Praying that you will continue to experience His love as you work through what is causing you this pain.

Katie Huff

Amy said...

Tough decisions are no fun... isn't it great that God gives us answers when we need them? I'm praying for you!

Mesha said...

Praise God! Thankful that you've got a heart that is sensitive to His voice and that you are prioritizing in life. I need to do a bit of that myself. So thankful that our paths have crossed, even if it's mainly cyber world. You truly are a motivating, inspiring, encouraging woman of faith and I'm blessed by you!