Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today is a great day {attitude is everything}

I woke up at 12:40 am and felt like I'd been ran over by a train.  I was so incredibly stuffed up that I couldn't hardly breathe!  I went to bed feeling totally fine, and within 2 hours felt like my allergies had magnified to the worst possible degree.  I popped a Zyrtec and went back to sleep, only to wake up (45 minutes late btw) not feeling any better.
I've been so excited for today for a lot of reasons though, so even though my allergies are giving me a fit today I'm determined to make this a good day no matter what!  It's amazing when you COMMIT to a feeling or emotion, what your life looks like.  God has blessed me with several reasons to celebrate today and so a little sniffle isn't going to get in my way!

1. Today is my amazing husband's 28th Birthday!
We are spending a night in with the dogs.  I made BBQ Meatballs for him since that's his favorite meal.  Hopefully they'll be almost as good as his Mom's! 
{Since I wrote this post we ended up going to dinner w/ my parents, guess the BBQ Meatballs are going to be dinner tomorrow instead}
I am so LUCKY he's my other half. {Celebrating St. Patricks Day in Lawrence a few years ago}



















2.  Vera Bradley released the winter collection today!
 My favorite is Baroque, it's gorgeous!  
 I have a $50 gift card I've been waiting to use so I'm SO excited to buy a new purse soon!

3.  Today is the first day of fall!
I LOVE Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and I've even tried the new Toffee Mocha and love it too!
 I love hooded sweatshirts.
I love sweatpants and long sleeve shirts.
I love GOOD TV.
I love fall candles.
I love Chili.
I love celebrating our anniversary {10/8}.
I love that we are going to become an Aunt & Uncle this fall!
I love spending more time with family for holidays

4. Grey's Anatomy Season Premiere tonight.
Is any more explanation actually needed?  I don't think so.
5. We made some $$ today!
We bought 4 tickets to the Miami Heat vs. OKC Thunder when they went on sale in July.  We couldn't find anyone to buy the other 2 tickets so we ended up selling all 4 on StubHub and made $200!  That's my kind of investment return!!

What do you love about fall?

2 comments:

Mesha said...

I loved this post. I LOVE FALL. I love walks and now JOGS outside with the cooler weather, a comfy hoodie and sweatpants. I love watching football with friends even though I don't know much about football but my heart is slowly warming up to football. I love hot chocolate with ice, sounds funny but I have a sensitive tongue. Biggest Loser, family get togethers, the season where people tend to be more loving, caring and sharing...serving. Fall festivals, corn mazes, baked goodies, homemade foods, my heating blankey (oh how I miss thee). Rainy days curled up on the couch watching cartoons which THIS is something I only do in the fall/winter because I'm always on the go during the warmer months.

Trying To Heal said...

Hey! I just wanted to say hi and thank you for posting on my blog the other day about ED Labels. I just wanted to let you know that yes, I have read Life Without ED but it was years ago and after getting your comment I'm going to start reading it again! thanks for the reminder!