Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What a Difference a Year Can Make!

Today I had my one year appointment at the doctor.  I wish I could tell you I went today and had an amazing weight loss since last month, but that didn't happen.  I actually gained 5.5 lbs. from my last weight in on 8/5.  I've had a pretty tough month but I'm getting back on track so I'm trying to stay focused on how far I've come in a year versus how much I gained the past 6 weeks.
On that note, I want to celebrate 50.1 lbs of weight loss in one year!  When I look back over the last year I know I've made progress, not only physically but mentally as well.  I've learned so much about my "old" relationship with food and I've developed a "new" relationship with food and exercise.  For the first time ever I can honestly say "I get it".  I get what it takes to be healthy and reap the benefits, and it's hard work, everday... no matter what.  That's not to say I NEVER fall off the wagon, of course I do (do you need a reminder?) !  I weigh today what I weighed in April, which means in 5 months I've pretty much maintained.  There are things I should have done differently and better choices could have been made, but I don't see a genie in a bottle who's going to grant me the opportunity to go back and "re-do" the last 6 months so I'm moving on. 
Today... I am re-committing to my weight loss.  I am getting back to basics, and I'm going to get out of the 200's and STAY OUT.  I never want to see a "2" in front of my weight again, and I'm not stopping until I'm as far away from it as I can get!  I am choosing to leave the last few months of stress and heartache behind and focus on this journey, because in order for us to have a family someday I MUST stay on the path of healthy eating & exercise. 
This is a journey that I plan to continue forever.  This isn't something I'm doing just to lose weight "for now", I've done that before... and I'm done yo-yo dieting and having a closet full of clothes ranging from a 10-22.  Enough is enough.  This is my time, and I'm going to finish what I started... I promise you that:)
My next appointment is on October 12th & my goal is to be under 200 again!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

You rock Amy!! Keep up the great work and thanks for the inspiration!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Wow!! Good job! You look amazing!

Mesha said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TRANSFORMATION - so proud of you! WOW!

Brandon said...

Congrats Amy! You have done such a fantastic job! I wish you and Kev the best! Thanks again for organizing the 5k that really meant alot! And I'm really sorry to hear about your recent heartache, but I know you guys will have a family as soon as your both ready and the time is right! :) Love you guys.

Michelle said...

Amy you look great. You're an inspiration to me who's in the same boat. Keep it up girl!

Lauren said...

I am very behind on everyone's blogs, wanted to stop by and say CONGRATULATIONS!! What an amazing accomplishment. :)

jamie said...

you are a brave, and inspiring woman Amy! I read what you post and feel like i need to sit down and be amazed and your motivation, attitude and spirit! I am happy that this "weight loss" journey, which I realize is soo much more than that, has helped you become more confident in WHO you are who you WANT to be and where you came from. What a blessing to know that. People spend their entire lives searching for it, and never find it! I am so happy for you! You deserve every bit of happiness that is granted you by God!! Go get'm girl!!
jamie (Gumm)