Saturday, October 9, 2010

5 Years

Yesterday my husband & I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary!  FIVE years. 
I cannot believe how fast it's gone!

At our Rehearsal Dinner
We had amazing weather on our wedding, just like today.  It was gorgeous and how I'd always imagined my wedding would be.  We had a great time too, I was so happy to be done planning it!
We're Married!!
We had a whirlwind romance:)  Our first date was September 11, 2004 and I knew the moment we met that he was the one I'd been waiting for.  He was everything (and so much more) I wanted in a spouse.  He proposed to me on April 15, 2005 and we were married on October 8, 2005.  On our wedding day we'd only been together 13 months.  We couldn't wait to start our life together.
I loved my dress!
We went to Palace Resorts in Cancun for our honeymoon.  We had a great time, with some interesting things that we still laugh hysterically about. 

We've been through a lot over the last 5 years, but I wouldn't want to live my life with anyone else by my side.  I'm not a perfect wife, he's not a perfect husband... but together we are perfect for each other.  With everything we've been through we've been tested and have always proven to each other that we are in this forever and there is nothing that we can't overcome together. 

We got family pictures with the dogs yesterday, that was interesting!!  Kinda like it was taking this picture a few years ago. 
Christmas 2007
Getting the dogs to both look at the camera at the same time can be rather challenging, but we laughed a lot and had a good time.  Can't wait to see them!
Last night we went to Lawrence and ate at Five 21 in the Oread Hotel.  Great food and great wine:)  Then we rented our first Redbox movie- the Backup Plan.  It was nice to have the day off to spend with each other and our family (yes, our dogs are considered our family).  I'm excited to see where the next 5 years will take us! 
Honeymoon in Cancun

3 comments:

Sweeter than Sugar said...

That is so sweet! I must admit to being a bit jealous :)

Molly said...

Happy belated Anniversary! You and Keven look so happy in all these photos. Isn't it amazing that when the time is right, God always has a plan for our lives?!

Oh and I MUST check out these pop chips!

Journey2Goal said...

Of course I PICKED our happiest photos for this post:) But, we are happy... and I'm so thankful to have been through the hard stuff to appreciate him more and more. I always say "God blessed my broken road w/ Kevin", he was worth the wait:)
PopChips...YES! YOU MUST!!!