Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 4- My Parents

High School Sweethearts... aw, isn't that cute?  They were each others "first" and "last" loves. They've been through a lot as a married couple, parents & owning their own business but they have always shown my sister & I that love conquers all & family is your lifeline.
My Mom is more like my best friend, always has been. She's the first person to cheer ne on & support some of my crazy ideas & dreams. I've always been able to go to her with everything... I hope to be that kind of Mom someday. She's one of the most caring people I know.
My Dad & I are a lot alike, yet much different. I got my temper from him, but I also got my giving spirit. There are days we're like gas & fire, I just remind myself 'this too shall pass'. The older I get the more I understand the parts of him that haven't always "made sense" to me. He's always been a "tough" old guy but I see his softer side too.
Parents aren't perfect, but they do their best. There may still be things that bother me from the past but I also know my parents did their best & loved with every ounce of their hearts. And really, what more could a daughter ask for?