Saturday, October 2, 2010

I am Worth the Fight

So let's not get tired of doing what is good.  At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we do not give up.  ~Galations 6:9

I was checking my email this morning and I got my daily devotional from (in)courage.  I haven't even read the email yet, but I know I was supposed to read this verse this morning. 
Sometimes the journey of weight loss gets exhausting.  There are days I wake up and I don't want to have to think about this journey, where I've been or where I'm going.  I want to get up like a naturally thin person, eat healthy and exercise... without the hope that it's going to help me lose another pound or two to get me closer to my goal.  I get tired of thinking that my life is "on hold" because of this weight I carry. 
Since our miscarriage I've had a few breakdowns (ok, more than a few) where I feel so helpless.  I've felt like I've done SO much to get this weight off and I've been stuck for a while... I'm tired of being stuck.  This journey is long, and tiring, and it's something I have to do every. single. day.  There is no "vacation", or "time off".  When I've taken "time off" it's been accompanied by gaining weight.  And as many of you know when you get off the track of eating right & exercising, it is SO hard to get back on.  But, I must do it.  Every time.  I always get back on track, sometimes it just takes a little motivation.  I remember I'm on this journey because my health is at stake, my future is dependent on the food I put in my mouth and the exercise I do for my body.  Doesn't that make the "hard work" worth it?  Heck yes.  When I think about how much better I feel when I fuel my body with wholesome nutritious food it makes this journey worth it.  When I eat crappy, I feel crappy.  When I don't exercise, I have less energy, I'm more tired, I'm a lot more irritable.  So why wouldn't I do these things?  Why wouldn't I take care of myself?  Because it's hard... that's the excuse that creeps in on occassion... but at the end of the day most things that are "hard" are worth fighting for.
So, I'm not going to stop fighting. ever.  When I reach my healthy weight, I'm not stopping there either.  I am not on a journey only to see a certain number on the scale.  I'm on the journey to live the healthiest life I possibly can.  I want to run with my kids someday, wear the same size jeans for 5 years in a row, have one bra size that never changes (the smaller the better!), run in race after race after race... because I CAN.  Because I told myself, I AM WORTH IT. 
I am so glad this verse found it's way into my inbox this morning.  I needed it.  I needed the reminder not only to continue on this path, but every other area of my life.  This verse calls us to keep working on our faith, relationships, finances, health, dreams, troubles, etc.  Whatever you are struggling with right now can be solved.  You can be better.  It all comes at a price of hard work, determination, overcoming your fears and telling yourself every day YOU ARE WORTH IT.  Because you are, you have the opportunity to live the life you want... what is holding you back from doing it?

1 comment:

Dina said...

I'm so proud, that you do get back on track. Even if it is hard. You just have to push yourself the extra mile! I know you can do it.