Monday, November 29, 2010

Lace up the Running Shoes

So what that I only ran a mile.  It's the first mile I've ran in over a month.  Yep, a whole month.  I've fought a low back injury in October that has left me scared to run because once I thought I was better it would act up again, then last week I came down with a sore throat/ear infection and didn't workout at all.  But, today was the day.  I got back to the gym and it felt good.  I'd done 45 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes of arms/abs and I knew I had more in me... so I got on the treadmill and let my feet go.  It felt good.  I can tell I've had some time off... but the point is that I am back.  I love the way running makes me feel.  Maybe it's because I never thought I could call myself a runner, or I never thought I could do it.  Maybe it's just because I love the way I feel when my heart gets to pounding and I know I'm burnin' calories:)  Whatever it is, I don't care... I just love it.  And I'm going to do it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Life, Love, and Labs said...

I love this! What an inspiring video!