I am using the iPhone app Bridge to 10k. Here is some of the info.
Specifically designed for Couch to 5K graduates. Pick up where C25K app leaves off and get to the 10K distance in just 6 weeks.
Please note: If you’ve never run before, please consider starting with the C25K app (www.c25kapp.com) since it is designed for beginners. This app gives you audio prompts every time you need to change from running to walking according to the Bridge to 10K running plan. You can listen to your music and enjoy your workout without constantly looking at your stopwatch.
Bridge to 10K plan in a nutshell
- Designed for Couch to 5K graduates
- Alternates between walking and running
- Takes 6 weeks to complete
- Workout 3 days per week
- Each workout session is from 53 to 70 minutes long If you’ve completed the Couch to 5K and now wish to train for the 10K this is the app to have!
- Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the app!
- Works with Nike+**
- Plays audio alerts when you need to switch from running to walking
- Configure additional alerts and settings within the app.
- Keeps track of the days you’ve completed.
- Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from the app.