Saturday, December 18, 2010

Family Traditions

Several years ago we started Holiday Baking Day with the girls on my Mom's side of the family.  We always get together in December in one of our homes and make yummy treats.  We don't get together for Christmas as a family so this is our way of making sure we get to spend some time together for Christmas.  It's always a blast, lots of laughing and way too much sugar:)
This year has been pretty hectic for all of us so we decided to go to a local shop that teaches a class on cookie decorating.  Sweet! Baking & Candy Making Supply opened for business this year and one of the owners is actually my co-workers wife.  We had SO much fun today @ Sweet!



 
Look at all the fun cupcake cups!

Not all the girls could make it this year, but we did have one new addition:)  Laney experienced her first Baking Day!!
And Mommy is already mastering multi-tasking:)
We got to decorate Santas, presents and stockings/boots.  The instructor told us tips on frosting them & I must say, my cookies turned out better this year than they have any other year!
My Mom is so good at frosting her cookies... I don't think I inherited her talent!



 My cookies.  I even made Kev his own stocking:)
It's so easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the season.  I'm so glad we made time to get together this year as in years past because the true meaning of Christmas has nothing to do with the presents under the tree.  It's a time to thank God for the blessings of family & friends and to spend time with the people we love.  Spending the afternoon with some of my favorite girls is better than any gift under the tree.


 
What are your family traditions for the holidays?
Photobucket

No comments: