Thursday, December 30, 2010

The One

Last week we gave ourselves an early Christmas present... we bought a home!  We saw this home for the first time in November, fell in love with it right away but hadn't totally committed to the area.  We kept looking, but this house was always in the back of our minds.  We found a house that was more expensive and a farther commute for Kevin but the EXACT same floor plan.  Exact.  That's when we realized that we really did love this house enough to make it our new home!
Every house I went into I wanted to make changes... so I figured why not make changes to a home that we love? It is in a great school district and is an easy commute for my hubby.  I think I had it in my head that I'd walk into a home that was perfect and I wouldn't have to change a thing... well, after looking at 35 homes I never found that house!
I am so excited about the potential of our new home!  We went back Monday for the inspection and spent 2+ hours there... after 15 minutes I just stopped, took it all in and thought to myself "I LOVE my new house!"  We are replacing all the carpet (the current owners have a cat, yuck... I'm not a cat person... no offensive to those of you who are).  I also want to paint pretty much the whole house.  The paint colors are fine, they just aren't "us".  I'm a neutral, earth tone girl.  The kitchen is lime green now, the bath is red, the basement is sea foam green... it all looks fine, I just want to make it "us". 
Photo Credit Here

It's a lot to stress about right now, we are worrying about when everything is going to get done and when we'll actually be able to get moved in but we are really trying to take it one day at a time. (I said we were trying; I didn't say we were succeeding at not getting totally overwhelmed & stressed). 
We know that we are following God's path & that's our comfort when it feels like we are being pulled in a million directions.  We know that He wouldn't take us anywhere we weren't meant to go.  Lots of trusting right now, even though it's hard.  We are so excited for what He has in store for us in 2011!
Photobucket