Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ripoff

I've had such a weird week.  Nothing horrible has happened, I have just been in a major funk... and really grumpy.  Today I started my day off by driving out of the gas station with the nozzle still in the gas tank of the truck... I ripped the hose right off the gas station and almost drove off with it still attached to my truck!!  I only stopped because I heard the commotion of the hose hitting my truck!  Seriously, these things would happen to me.  After a few days of being grumpy & feeling sorry for myself just for being grumpy though I couldn't help but just get back in the car & laugh hysterically at myself.  What else could I of done?  I'm sure the gas attendant hated his job this morning when he had to re-attach the hose and was sprayed with gas, and I apologized all over myself for having a "blonde moment".  Thankfully he was not too irritated with me.  And it's been a pretty funny story to share, sometimes you just have to make fun of yourself:)
On a more serious note...God answered some prayers today that I've been praying for faithfully.  All I can share for now is this.  "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalm 37:4
If you think God isn't listening to your prayers, He is.  Just trust it's all in HIS timing, not yours.  When you are having a "gas hose ripoff kind of day", take a deep breath & wait to see what He is working on in your life.
I assure you He is working.  He's just waiting for you to give up control.

Photobucket

No comments: