Sunday, January 16, 2011

Balance

Sometimes you just have to let go.  I've had to do that the last few weeks.  And it's so hard for me.  I function at 110 mph, I always have a full schedule, and there is never enough time in my day.  Sadly, my husband is usually the one who gets to see me breakdown because I just can't go anymore.  I'm tired of being that kind of person, I need balance.
As a woman I think many of us think we can do it all.  We want to be needed, it's how we feel loved.  Then we break down though, stressed & upset that we've given our all to everyone else and not left much for ourselves.  I've watched my own Mom do this for so many years and I've learned an important lesson in watching her give, give give.  It's ok to give, we should be givers, but we can't do it all.  We have to learn to let go of things.  Clear the schedule.  Take time to relax.
We move in less than 3 weeks.  I am doing the KC Weight Loss Challenge and I have watched the other contestants workout 2x a day, and I've just had to give that "dream" up.  My life is so busy right now with moving that it's all I can do to get to the gym once a day!  I've had to remind myself that this is my journey, and as long as the scale is going down I'm not going to judge the number by how much I'm losing... cause a loss is a loss.  I've had to give up some things that I love doing to focus on our move and this challenge... and it's been hard.  Saying no is near impossible for me.  But, it's a learning process.  I believe I can do anything I really put my mind to... but no, I can't do everything. 
Have you had to prioritize your life?  How do you find balance? 


Photobucket

4 comments:

Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com said...

This is a GREAT quote and I love it! I believe it. It's a constant battle to find the balance. As I consider what life will be like w/ our little one coming this summer I wonder yet again how the balance will shift but I am sure it will and it will be wonderful!

ErinG said...

This is a great entry, Amy. I've been feeling the same way lately. Breaking down a lot because I can't do it all. I can't figure out how wives work 8+ hours per day, workout, make dinner, keep the house clean, and still manage to get 8 hours of sleep. That's pretty much what my life has revolved around and I feel like I'm not fun anymore because my task list is always endless that I feel guilty for spending a night on the couch watching TV with my husband instead of working out, doing laundry, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, etc. I'm getting better but as you said - we need to find a BALANCE. It's not as easy as it sounds.

ErinG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

I don't know you but I feel the same way! millions of women all across the nation go and go and go and eventually wipe themselves out! Finding balance is the hardest part. I'm working on it myself as well! :)