Friday, January 7, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday!

Today is Friday.  Can you hear me screaming TGIF @ the top of my lungs?  Cause I am.
I don't have tons of time or energy for a post today so I'm letting myself off easy and joining Lauren for Fill in the Blank Friday.
The questions are pretty ironic since the weather in Kansas is going to get all weird this weekend... especially since it's sunny & windy here now... don't worry, we'll have 3-6 inches of snow here by Sunday! (at least that's the forecast, but once again, we are in KS... no telling what can change in the next 48 hours)
1.  Winter is not my favorite time of year.  I don't mind a little chill.  But, when the wind is blowing 40 mph and the wind chill is below zero it's pretty tough for me to put a smile on my face.  I do love wearing jeans & hoodies though.  And, this is the first winter I've had UGGS so I must say that my feet are thankful for this upgrade in footwear!

2.  Summer is always busy.  The older I get the less I LOVE summer.  I love fall & spring when it's mid 70's.   I do enjoy summer though because we spend time at the Lake of the Ozarks and I love it there.  I love sitting on the screened in porch in the morning with my dogs @ my parents lake house, venturing out on the lake on a nice summer day, visiting Spa Shiki (oh yes, it's amazing), going to dinner on the water.  Lake life is much more simple.  If I were my parents I wouldn't spend another day working here... I'd be living on the lake all year!  It's the most peaceful place I know.

3.  If it were summer instead of winter right now I'd be excited to exercise outside after work instead of in the gym.

4.  My favorite thing to do in winter is get home from work, put on my sweats and cuddle up on the couch with my family and watch shows on my DVR or read a book.

5.  My favorite thing to do in the summer is go to the Lake of the Ozarks.  Visit friends.  Go on vacation somewhere new.  BBQ outside with my hubby.  Take the dogs on walks on Saturday mornings before it gets hot.  Wear flip flops every day!

6.  The ideal outfit on a sunny summer day is capri's with a tank top and flip flops.  I don't wear shorts.  Ever.

7.  The ideal outfit for a frigid winter day is sweatpants, UGGS & a hooded sweatshirt with a layer underneath accompanied by a Peppermint White Mocha from Starbucks to warm me on the inside:)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tj and Chelse said...

I agree, if I had your parents lake house I wouldn't spend a single day anywhere else! It is GORGEOUS!

Journey2Goal said...

Chelse I just remembered you've been there for Erin's bachelorette party! I could soak up the sun there every summer weekend:)