Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Second Chance.... I'm in the Weight Loss Challenge!!!

If you've followed my blog for a while you know that last August I auditioned for Kansas City Fitness Magazine's Weight Loss Challenge.  I got voted in {thanks to lots of votes from friends/family/strangers on Facebook}!  I ended up not being able to participate- you can read why here.  When I backed out of the challenge they told me they'd hold my spot for Round 5, so I've known I'd be participating, I just had to keep it a secret for a LONG time!
This morning my journey started with the other 12 contestants.  I know this is going to be an exciting 12 weeks for all of us and I hope we can be there to encourage, support and motivate one another.  The challenge is set up like the Biggest Loser this round, so people will get voted off!  That adds a little more pressure, but I think it's a "good" kind of pressure to keep us all on track.  I am needing some major motivation so I'm really looking forward to this opportunity!
Starting weight- 217 lbs
When I was getting ready to leave this morning another contestant walked up to me and said "Amy, do I look familiar to you?"  She did in fact, I recognized her from the moment I walked in but couldn't place where I may have known her from.  Well, she remembered.  She said "Did you audition for the Biggest Loser a few years ago?"  I knew right away that was exactly where I knew her from!  We both got called back for 2nd interviews in Oklahoma City and I met her in the hotel foyer while waiting for our interviews with the casting directors!  I couldn't believe it was her!!  I remember her being SO nice and thinking to myself "She's SO IN this season"... she told me she'd thought the same thing about me!  How ironic!  She made it much farther than me but didn't make it on the show.  {She SO should have}  This morning I told her "If Biggest Loser didn't want us lets show them what we're made of then!"  I think participating in this challenge together is going to be so awesome!  Isn't it funny how God places people in your life and then brings them back full circle?  I knew right then that even though I'm so busy right now and overwhelmed with life in general that God intended for me to be a part of THIS Round.  Round 5 was the round I was meant to do.  I'm going to give it my all and get under 200 lbs... once and for all!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, my goodness! That is awesome! So happy for you and I will be praying for you and I wish you all the luck with this!!!

Rachel said...

YAYY! All the best to you =)