Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blog Therapy

I think my post yesterday worried some people.  I didn't write it to get attention, or worry anyone... my blog is a space for me to talk about what's going on, and it's become therapeutic for me.  Sometimes when I sit down to do a post I don't think about it too much, I just let my mind go and my fingers follow on the keyboard.  That's what I did yesterday, and to be honest it really did help.
Things are not perfect right now, but it's all going to get better.  We've had a disaster with the contractor who did our hardwood floors and caused damage in our home.  We're dealing with this disaster daily and it seems like everyday the situation is getting worse instead of coming any closer to a solution.  That is the root of what's wrong right now but other little things are adding up quickly.  So when I spend my day upset about the circumstances we've had in our home I'm already a little upset, and it doesn't take much to send me into a whirlwind of anger & emotions.  That's what happened yesterday.  Someone else was having a bad day, took it out on me and I let someone elses bad day make mine miserable.  THAT was my fault.  I should know better than to let someone else have that kind of control in my life.
I have a lot of adjusting to do.  Moving to a new city has been difficult and I'm living totally differently than I am used to.  I'm used to working 40 hours a week and going 190 mph... my schedule is still busy but it's been a different kind of busy, and I'm dealing w/ a different kind of stress.  To be honest it's felt almost worse than "work stress" though!  I would have NEVER imagained that!  BUT, life is moving on.  I am moving on and I know that "what goes up must come down" so life will get to normal... it's just not going to be in my timing.  Once I give up control I know God will prevail, He will take this load off my shoulders.  I trust Him.
Thanks to those of you who took the time to call, text, email me and make sure I'm okay.  I really didn't mean to worry anyone... I just needed a little writing therapy:) 
How do you deal with stress?  Do you write?  Eat? Talk?

Photobucket

No comments: