Sunday, February 13, 2011

Watch me Burn

I found out last night that I am in the February/March issue of the KC Fitness Magazine!  I knew I was going to be in the issue after the Weight Loss Challenge but I didn't know I'd be in 2!  Needless to say I couldn't wait to get to Barnes & Noble today to pick up my own copy!  If you live in the KC area you should pick up the magazine and read the stories of the 13 Contestants.  It's exciting that I'm getting to share my journey with others and I hope my story helps someone else find the courage to take charge of their health.
Here's my page in the magazine!!
We are finally getting somewhat settled in our new home.  So, I ventured out on Friday and joined a gym.  Having a gym membership was just as important to me as finding a church, a grocery store, a bank, etc.  Working out is part of my everyday life, and when I don't make the time to do it I don't feel like "me".  I felt a little lost without a gym to go to the first week here so I was really excited when I finally had the time to go join one.
I joined Life Time Fitness which has more than 90 locations in 20 states... if you have one near you I hope you check it out because it's awesome!  There are tons of classes offered and I can't wait to try them out!  Not to mention it is an impressive facility with tons of cardio equipment, a salon, a cafe, etc!  They have a yoga studio also and I am anxious to add yoga back into my workout schedule.  My back is aching after moving so I think I'm going to indulge in a yoga class and maybe a massage in the near future.  I plan to take a few strength training classes this week too.  I don't make time for strength, hardly at all.  That's something I really need to work on and I hope that with all the classes offered it'll be easier for me to include it in my workouts.  I always feel better when I strength train because I can see results faster... and who doesn't like nicely toned arms & legs!?!  Sheesh... that just reminded me that warmer weather is coming soon & these arms are going to be seeing the sun again.  I think it's a good thing I'm going to start hitting the weights this week!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Rachel said...

YAy that's exciting!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

ohhh too cool!! so glad you are getting all settled