Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Today during G's nap I was supposed to be doing laundry, picking up toys, dishes... the Mom duties that are never really "done".  I got a little side tracked when I got onto Facebook and saw a video posted... and the tears came pouring down my face.  Video: Just Like Me

When I became a Mom 18 months ago I had no idea what I was in for.  I didn't know how much my heart could love, or how much it could hurt.  I didn't know that I can go from fury to pure joy in 2 seconds and totally forget what I was angry about just moments before.  I didn't know how patient I could become, or how easy it would be to forgive.  When I became a Mom, I changed.  I changed in so many ways... my 18 month old son has brought out the best in me.  He awakened a part of me I didn't know existed and I will forever be grateful to him for that.  He's made me better, I'm not perfect and I make a lot of mistakes... but I'm better.

Being a Mom is tough though.  There are days I don't know if I can make it one more minute without the help of my husband, I'm maxed out, I can't deal with my defiant child for another second or I will burst... and then he smiles and flashes that dimple that is deep in his right cheek and the world is right again.  Life is good.  Even on the hardest of days... life is good.  Sometimes it takes me a moment to just step back and BREATHE and remind myself that I can do this.  I can be his Mama even when he's on the floor throwing his worst tantrum yet at Trader Joe's and everyone is staring at me.  Or, he's fighting going in the car seat (again) and I look like a mother who can't get control of her toddler when all I want to do is JUST GET HOME.  There are moments every day that he pushes me past my breaking point, or so I think.  But, every night I snuggle this sweet boy and read him stories and watch him play in the bath and he reminds me that we can have bad moments but bad moments don't have to be bad days.  There is so much JOY in every single day. 

Thank you God for giving me the gift of Motherhood and for the charming and defiant little boy who calls me Mommy.  He is my world.  My life.  My greatest love.

Happy Mother's Day!

*Here is another video I saw today that I loved.
Mother's Day Video: MIGHTY
Photobucket

No comments: